The Undead Cohort Ritual

For ongoing Forum gameplay outside of weekly sessions.
Dave

The Undead Cohort Ritual

Post by Dave » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:57 pm

Create Undead Cohort Ritual-
The chosen must take all these tasks upon themselves willingly. The required supplies cost approx. 5000gp. Also requires a sentient creature who is pregnant to be sacrificed.
Anytime during life, prior to the ritual, the chosen must commit an act of pure evil in the god of deaths name.
One month prior, the chosen must remain chaste. They may only eat and drink that which is blessed by a cleric of the god of death.
One week prior, the sacrifice site shall be prepared. Unholy cleansing by a cleric of Karamaka and Arcane preparation of the area takes approx. 60 hours of work. An alter is placed near the top of this circle.

Ritualistic design on floor

24 hours prior to the ritual the chosen drinks a special elixir that causes him to purge toxins from his body. (think colonoscopy drink)
Ritual day - During a waning crescent moon the chosen is stripped and brought before the altar of Karamaka. A pregnant human female is to be slain and blood collected. Her hands are to be chained and she is to be hoisted above the center of the ritual circle. Chanting and spell casting ensures. Her femoral artery is pierced by a ritual dagger (or my weapon in this case) and blood collected in a bronze bowl. The collected blood is blessed by the cleric. Using the blessed blood a few special runic designs are drawn upon the chosen’s chest and back using a brush made from an elven female’s femur and hair

Back Chest

The chosen is then dressed in bindings/wrappings painted with the doctrines of Karamaka. The chosen chants the following while being dressed.

“I give my life to un-life. My soul everlasting to the keeper of death.
I hereby pledge piety to the Lady Karamaka in perpetuum.
I give my life to un-life. My soul everlasting to the keeper of death.
To this end, I pledge my troth to (Valak).
May the Lady’s will be consummated.
All shall eventually present themselves before her.”

The chosen lays upon an unholy alter. The wizard starts the spell of Create Undead Cohort (insert hominy hominy hominy here). The caster plunges a ritualistic dagger into the heart of the chosen, this does not cause him to die initially. He feels all the pain, feels every fiber of his flesh and organs tearing. He shall endure the final pain he will ever experience silently. The overseeing wizard casts ritually along with a cleric of Karamaka- Create Undead Cohort. After this the chosen’s heart stops, pain, hunger and fatigue are no longer a concern.
The overseeing wizard must cast Enlighten Undead on the chosen within 5 minutes of his heart stopping. This allows the person to maintain their personality afterwards.
If the individual had no reservations, and all the tasks were completed then they are now undead.
Over the next few days he must consume specially prepared potions/elixirs. (this desiccates the body to prevent rot and to preserve from the inside-out)
kyle wrote:The party then goes full retard

Kyle

Re: The Undead Cohort Ritual

Post by Kyle » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:15 pm

This is the original version dave you had made edits. I'll send to you.

Dave

Re: The Undead Cohort Ritual

Post by Dave » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:47 am

Fixed.
kyle wrote:The party then goes full retard