The Houseguest

For ongoing Forum gameplay outside of weekly sessions.
Dave

The Houseguest

Post by Dave » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:03 pm

About 3 days into the month of training (someone needs to calculate the day, you guys wanted a calendar...), the manor house has a visitor. You each see the visitor in and around the manor. He spends some time observing each of you during your sessions with Thorn.

Thorn refers to this man as “our houseguest,” or sometimes just “our guest.”

The man looks be be human, maybe 40 years old, in good shape and well dressed in fine clothes of black and silver silk. He carries no weapons, and wears no jewelry. The has a thick head of black hair, and a well manicured beard and mustache. When he watches you during your training, his jet black eyes seem to look through you.

When you do well with your lessons, he smiles. Otherwise, he keeps his emotions to himself.

[During the next week, I will be sending out texts. The Houseguest will be asking each of you some questions. Reply as you see fit. Even though the discussions will be in private texts, feel free to share what is said as you see fit. Or keep it to yourself. Either way is fime by me.]
kyle wrote:The party then goes full retard

rgl2112
Site Admin

Re: The Houseguest

Post by rgl2112 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:44 pm

About a week or so during our training, I decide to pull the companions close during our evening meal.

“So, i assume the houseguest has watched each of you train as well. Has he approached you as he did me? I recognize him from Xot. Not by name, no, but definitely a member of the Black Council. I’m curious what his business truly is here.”
By Karamaka's Will

DalamarD

Post by DalamarD » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:34 am

Aye, he watched me train. He's certainly an odd one. He directly refused to introduce himself or shake my hand. He didn't come across as unfriendly per se...more just aloof than anything. He reminded me of the hound-master where I grew up; watching the new litter to see which pups showed promise. I got a sense of great power from him. He was adept at drawing out conversation from me. But he did have some insight into my behavior that I found valuable. And he seemed vested in my success, undoubtedly for his own ends, but still. As long as our interests align, he seems like a useful ally.

rgl2112
Site Admin

Post by rgl2112 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:05 am

Any member of the Black Council is certainly an ally we want, and noone to displease. Back in Xot, there are many rumors of the members of the Council. I have seen them in their daily business, coming and going from the Cathedral or the Castle handling the affairs of Baron Xot himself.

Certainly not to be trifled with, very powerful indeed, perhaps not even human...I must retire to my quarters and pray for guidance.
By Karamaka's Will