A Solstice Celebration!

For ongoing Forum gameplay outside of weekly sessions.
Post Reply
Dave
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:07 am
Location: Arre

A Solstice Celebration!

Post by Dave » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:49 am

All characters experience the following:

The sun shines brightly on Sagentown this Solstice. There is not a cloud in the sky. The streets and countryside are full of people of all walks of life and races celebrating the glory of the sun, and the life that it nourishes. Laughter and song fill the air.

Even the longest day passes into night. When it does, the celebrations only slow a little. Large groups congregate around bonfires and in the town squares, singing and dancing. Fireworks and magical pyrotechnics explode in the night sky, extending the brightness of the longest day if only for a little while. Even the light of the full moon seems brighter than normal.

You look to the north, and see a red-orange glow. It crosses the whole of the horizon. It grows brighter and brighter until it is revealed to be a wall of Bloodfire hundreds of feet high. The Bloodfire is traveling fast, burning everything in its path to ash.

If the people of Sagentown even see the Bloodfire, they give no indication. They continue to celebrate, even as the wall of flames barrels down from the north.

As the Bloodfire gets closer to the town, you see a figure standing on the roof of the gatehouse of Everard Tower. The figure is decked out in bright, shining full plate armor complete with a great shield and helm. The warrior begins to grow in height. As he does, he draws his sword.

As the sword clears its scabbard, the light from it illuminates the land as bright as the midday sun. You hear the voices of Sagentown singing songs of praise to the light.

Still, the wall of Bloodfire towers above the now giant Warrior of Light. The Warrior stands defiantly in the face of it. Though his armor is bright, the light of the Bloodfire is not reflected in it. When the Bloodfire is about to consume Everard Tower, the Warrior of Light swings his blade into it.

With that, the Bloodfire is extinguished. The Warrior of Light stands over the town, shield and sword still in hand.

Songs of praise fill your ears as you wake from your sleep.
kyle wrote:The party then goes full retard

User avatar
rgl2112
Site Admin
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:51 am
Location: Krynn
Contact:

Re: A Solstice Celebration!

Post by rgl2112 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:40 am

As Xander awakes in a cold sweat he immediately drops to his knees in prayer, reaching out for guidance from Karamaka. Feeling the connection still there, he is somewhat relieved, but still haunted by what seems to be a vision of failure.

"We must reunite the Chord and perhaps finish Havelyn himself if we are to have a chance to hold the gateway open," he murmurs to himself.

He begins to rouse the party, laying out his plans to first get the fire wizard back, and then to assault the bridge, keeping everything quiet until the last possible minute.
By Karamaka's Will

DalamarD
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:39 pm

Re: A Solstice Celebration!

Post by DalamarD » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:22 am

As we are making our preparations in the tunnel, Valak is going to pull Xander aside and converse with him quietly.

"What do you think this means? Lord Havelyn does not seem powerful enough to stem the coming tide of bloodshed. The warrior of light in our vision was suffused with the light of Avenar. Has our queen given you any indication as to what she sees coming? This vision is very disconcerting on the day of our supposed triumph. Do you think it necessary to rescue Amadeus before the assault?"

User avatar
rgl2112
Site Admin
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:51 am
Location: Krynn
Contact:

Re: A Solstice Celebration!

Post by rgl2112 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:23 am

"I absolutely think it's necessary, the Contract binds us all, yes, and to our mission, yes, however, if the opportunity is there to have both and have a chance for Amadeus to be there to ensure success, then we must rescue him. We have a much better chance to succeed with him than without him."

Xander continues as he peers back down the tunnel into the darkness, "I think it is a vision that we have failed up to this point, that if we do nothing, or sacrifice ourselves upon the wall without meaning, then we are lost and Avenar prevails. However, I think showing us the failure to come, Karamaka knows it will get us back on track, to rescue Amadeus, perhaps link up with our allies outside the walls somehow, and prevail."

Xander leans over and whispers, "..."
By Karamaka's Will

Post Reply