Tower Attack Plans

For ongoing Forum gameplay outside of weekly sessions.
rgl2112
Site Admin

Re: Tower Attack Plans

Post by rgl2112 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:44 pm

Invisibility

2nd-level illusion

Casting Time: 1 action

Range: Touch

Components: V, S, M (an eyelash encased in gum arabic)

Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour

A creature you touch becomes invisible until the spell ends. Anything the target is wearing or carrying is invisible as long as it is on the target's person. The spell ends for a target that attacks or casts a spell.

At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 2nd
((OOC: Only if he casts or attacks directly))
By Karamaka's Will

Jack Hollingsworth

Post by Jack Hollingsworth » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:57 pm

a lot of things have been said and the plans are good, but...please consider I can cast Fly {or any other non-cantrip spell} two times only, since I am unlikely to get a short rest...apparently I am the Fireball wand wielder, since it chose me; don't expect me to have an itchy trigger finger, if E-Bolts will do, I will use them. I am all for reducing the capabilities of the garrison and slighting the keep as a priority. Pretor also has a nominal healing ability and is somewhat hard to hit. Just get us into the gatehouse...

rgl2112
Site Admin

Post by rgl2112 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:50 am

We only need one Fly in this plan. We don't have to hit the siege engines on the front wall early, we can wait and knock them out later or keep them from being manned once on that side of the bridge.

When is the best time to make our move, dusk, or midnight? I don't think the keep is sleeping tonight, they know they are being attacked. I think we move at first dark. Paladin, do you agree?
By Karamaka's Will

DalamarD

Post by DalamarD » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:19 am

I think the proposed plan is as reasonable as anything. I am a bit concerned about the timing of the flare launch vs. the rest of what we have to do. I think the earlier we can launch the flare, the better. It shouldn't take an hour to sabotage our targets and get the drawbridge open. And frankly, if we take out the arrows and siege engines, the horde has nothing to fear from the defenders while we secure the drawbridge/portcullis.

I do think a mapped out plan will be beneficial just to make sure we are all on the same page.

As to the timing of our assault, I guess it really doesn't matter much at this point. If the town isn't going to be celebrating as initially planned, any time after dark should be fine. First dark is as good as anything.

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:59 am

DalamarD wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:19 am
If the town isn't going to be celebrating as initially planned, any time after dark should be fine.
Be careful about making plans based on information that you currently do not have.

Being down in the tunnel, you have no information at all about what is happening in town during the day. This includes the knowledge that Tim and Grimnok are outside waiting for a sign.

Yall are good players, and can figure out how to do this.
kyle wrote:The party then goes full retard

rgl2112
Site Admin

Post by rgl2112 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:10 pm

Everard Tower AsBuilts - Battle plan.jpg
By Karamaka's Will

Kyle

Post by Kyle » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:26 pm

So basically 1,2,3,4,5. Flare, Havolyn so far....

Only iron sam, vandolyn, donnogan, and an acolyte... Plus 50 or so guards.. um. Yeah we need to smoke these fools as fast as we can then get Amadeus, hopefully Tim and grim will catch up

Jack Hollingsworth

Post by Jack Hollingsworth » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:13 am

We have only 3 and half of Kyle and Russell's objectives left.

The plan at this point should be: PCs in the gatehouse ASAP!!!

Varnung screaming about a Seal obviously ominous. I would have Xander heal Valak as much as he can, and Pretor cast Fly on him. and then use charges from the wand (3 left) and the other players range attacks for a pre-assault artillery. Valak then flies to the roof of the gatehouse, secures a rope or two and works his way down to the portcullis and drawbridge controls , while the rest of the party uses the ropes to get in. Maybe Valak can carry a small PC with him. Alternate possibility-Fly Grimnock! Even if a willing creature is encumbered they can still fly.

Thoughts on the Seal? hmm...that upper causeway collapsing sure would fuck us. Maybe its some kind of field stopping us from entering, but I'm thinking they would have used that by now. Maybe some extradimensional reinforcements, however unlikely, since they have so many keeps to defend. Maybe it's just a Hold Portal [or whatever the fuck we call it now in 5e] on the portcullis.

Kiss from a Rose on a Grave by Seal...sounds Karamaka AF