3 Days

For ongoing Forum gameplay outside of weekly sessions.
rgl2112
Site Admin

Re: 3 Days

Post by rgl2112 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:50 am

After Valak heads upstairs, Xander begins to pace again, feeling cooped up. He decides to engage the White Raven Cleric, Titus, in conversation.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself here, where are you from originally? I know you said you have not been to the Great Temple in Xot built for the Goddess, how did you come to follow her faith?"
By Karamaka's Will

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:21 pm

Titus says, “What’s not to enjoy? Warm bed, warm flesh, plenty to eat and drink. Gotta enjoy it when you can. May be sleeping on the ground tomorrow, know what I mean?

“My brother and me, we come from up around the North Wall. From a little village right near Carn. Used to watch all these rich people come in, and act like they owned the place. They would run us poor people ragged, then act like we should be thankful for the few coins they threw our way. And if any of us tried to stand up to them, well it wouldn’t be long before we would get a visit from their armored guards.

“One night, I happened to catch the daughter of some pompous assed Lake State banker a little too far away from her parents estate. I decided to get a little pay back. Had her all to myself for a few minutes, doing what I pleased, when she managed to get a shout out. Just my luck that a whole passel of those armored goons heard her and came running. I took one hell of a beating then. They had me pinned on the ground, and one of them drew his sword. I just knew I was done for.

“All of a sudden, things got real quiet. Then all hell broke loose. The guy with the sword gets blasted, and dies standing over me. Then the guy next to him gets blasted. All without a sound. Then I saw a man dressed in black armor, blasting each of those bastards until none were standing. The girl is paralyzed with fear, and I just know I’m done for.

“After the guards are all dead, the man waved his hands and said to me, ‘Finish what you started.’ So I did. I made sure she knew she was being punished for all of the things that people like her have done to people like me. The man just stood there and watched.

“After I was done, I asked the man how he did those things. He said it wasn’t him, but his Goddess who did those things through him. He told me that his Goddess understood what it means to be mistreated by those who think they are better than others just because they have more money or power than the common folk. He told me that his Goddess will make things right in the world for the oppressed and downtrodden, and those who take advantage of their positions of power would be punished and brought low.

“I asked who this Goddess was, and he handed me a rose. I became a devout follower of Karamaka that night. For the next few months, I learned all I could from that priest. The best day of my life was when he called me ‘Acolyte,’ and told me I was ready to continue on my own. My brother and I left a few days later, to make our own way in the world.

“We ran into Elise and Donstan a few months after that. She seems like she always has a plan, and he is pretty handy with that big hacker of his. With them, we’ve made some decent coin, and had some good times if you know what I mean.

“Thing is, that witch, there’s something about her. Something funny. She don’t worship Karamaka, and neither does Donstan. Now that ain’t really a problem to me. I understand we live in a land of many gods. But one night we got to talking, and she starts talking about this thing she called ‘Ithaqua’ who grants her her powers. And this thing would blanket the world in an eternal winter.

“Thorn knows all about this, and had her and Donstan sign a different contract than me and my brother. He seems ok with it, aand he is Karamaka’s High Priest and all, so I guess it’s all right. Though I don’t think I much like that whole eternal winter thing.”

Titus’ attention is suddenly drawn to a slave woman who is walking by, and he flashes a grin that you know means dark thoughts are in his mind. “Yeah, I don’t think I much like the thoughts of an eternal winter. I think I like the warmth that we have right now.”

With that, he gets up and follows the slave woman down the hall and around the corner. You hear a gasp that you imagine is her letting out a sound when he grabs her. Then you hear a door shut, and the sound of a very short struggle.
kyle wrote:The party then goes full retard

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:26 pm

No more posts in this thread.

Any loose ends can be tied up before tonight’s session.

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:37 pm

XP awards-

Picket- 50
Amadeus- 50
Xander- 100
Valek-150