Fedrick’s Response

For ongoing Forum gameplay outside of weekly sessions.
Dave

Fedrick’s Response

Post by Dave » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:08 am

Fendrick’s Response

***Railroading DM Stuff: From hanging out with Fendrick all day in Everett, you guys have a pretty good idea of who he is and what he is about. He is committed to saving Blingdenstone. He has an eye for appraisal, and a knack for haggling. He stretched your coin to the limits, never squandering a copper. He knows his way around a caravan or warehouse. This is a svirneblin who is good at his job. And he is Good as the day is long. He is honest, and never took advantage of the merchants he dealt with.

I am assuming that you guys put up your disguises before you left the safe house. If you didn’t, we can retcon last week a little bit next time we play... When your disguises went up Fendrick gave you guys a long and steady look, but he didn’t say a word.***

“Well, I suppose that would depend on a few things. First would be your explanation on how you reconcile telling the Council that you lost the Grim Crown to the vampires of Zompei, and yet you place it on your very head.

“The second would be your explanation for why you and your companions changed your appearances when you came to this city.

“The third is your answer to my own question to you. Why should I? I know that you and your companions are powerful, because you defeated the Bane. I know that you and your companions are generous, because you have offered your wealth and power freely to the people of Blingdenstone. I can see that you are of the People, so we are the Kin of Grome even though you are an outsider in many ways. But these things alone don’t make a good leader.

“I ask that if my words offend you, that they do not jeopardize the charity that you and your friends have chosen to bestow upon Blingdenstone.”
kyle wrote:The party then goes full retard

Kyle

Re: Fedrick’s Response

Post by Kyle » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:50 pm

Firstly, it seems like having the crown will only cause infighting in an already weakened populace. The people are so stuck in the old ways they wont yield even to the greater good of the people. They weren't ready, and I still think they aren't

Secondly. We made no promise we were friends of this city and their ways. It's simply a shop.

Thirdly, the people need a leader, they need rest, what they need is hope. That is something that left the city awhile ago. People will always defend thier homes sure. But someone willing to die for a cause, with hope, is one that cant be stopped. That's what your people, our people have lost over time. They need to realize they can fight back and win.. or they do deserve to perish from the world. Hope is the beacon that needs to be lit. We started the process, started a spark. Can you help us fuel that fire?

And it's not charity but an investment in our people's future.
Last edited by Kyle on Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyle

Re: Fedrick’s Response

Post by Kyle » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:53 pm

**** I say that as sincere as I can truly meaning every word *****