Ask Tim Anything!

For ongoing Forum gameplay outside of weekly sessions.
Dave

Ask Tim Anything!

Post by Dave » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:26 pm

This is the future home of the Ask Tim Anything thread.

If Tim survives the trials with you, this thread will be where you can ask him anything!

It will last for as long as he is alive.

All posts in this thread are to be in character.
kyle wrote:The party then goes full retard

Dave

Re: Ask Tim Anything!

Post by Dave » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:28 pm

Thread open!

Tim’s main purpose is to answer your questions, and he will to the best of his ability.

XP/Inspiration for participation.

Jack Hollingsworth

Post by Jack Hollingsworth » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:10 pm

Squire Tim, my name is Pretor, and rather than ask a question right away, I would like to inform you that you need not fear my voiceless communication. I am learning to use it frequently in our adventures, and all compatriots have learned to expect it. Note that if I have a query, it will only require a mere nod for yes or no, hopefully not perceptible by our adversaries. All of our party, including Grimnock, are aware of this. Your presence in our intrepid band increases our power; is there anything I can do for you?

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:44 am

Jack Hollingsworth wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:10 pm
is there anything I can do for you?
No.

rgl2112
Site Admin

Post by rgl2112 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:40 am

Timothy, what land do you come from and how did you begin your life as a Squire to Sir Gavin? I'm most interested in your lineage, you seem well spoken.
By Karamaka's Will

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:18 pm

rgl2112 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:40 am
Timothy, what land do you come from and how did you begin your life as a Squire to Sir Gavin?
My name is Timothy Alexander, and I come from the northen most city of the Lake States protectorates, Sagentown.

My family is a minor noble house who earned their nobility a long time ago, after the Sirocco War. My House is not exactly powerful militarily or politically, nor is it what I would consider to be very wealthy. We are soldiers who have manned and supported the North Wall for centuries.

Being the third born son, the legacies of my family will not fall to me, and a life in the Towers doesn’t sound appealing to me. So I decided to seek out a path for myself. That brought me to the Order.

I was assigned to Sir Gavin by the Knightsmaster a few weeks ago
Xander wrote: you seem well spoken.
Tim wrote: No.
:lol:

Kyle

Post by Kyle » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:35 pm

What can you tell us of the North wall?

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:59 pm

The North Wall is not really a wall, but you probably knew that already. It really is the Tildress River. It runs fast, and has cut a deep canyon all the way to its delta. There the ground is too swampy for travel. Especially for an invading force.

There are four crossings, each protected by a fortress. In Sagentown, Everard Tower guards the bridge. Sagentown also serves as a staging ground for the supply trains for the other three towers.

Since that area has become a protectorate of the Lake States all of the fortresses are adequately mannned, well stocked, and well provisioned.

Kyle

Post by Kyle » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:56 pm

It would seem to weaken the 'wall' taking out Sagentowns supplies would be a priority, good to know.

rgl2112
Site Admin

Post by rgl2112 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:00 pm

Are your older two brothers currently manning the Wall at Everard Tower? How close are you to your brothers, being the third born must have been tough.

{OOC - is the wall protecting from the North coming down or the South going up? I assume keeping the North away from the South...but just making sure.}
By Karamaka's Will