Offline gaming session 1

Kyle

Re: Offline gaming session 1

Post by Kyle » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:47 pm

When we last left our adventurers.

You had traveled outside of the city, on a recon mission (so far) to what looks like a hydroponic/greenhouse based farm. You are positioned on a ridge in a public forest/park. Its called Poo Poo Point, yes its a real place.
mountainview.jpg
You notice many trucks in and out of the farm. They always back to two of the greenhouses, and you never see what's being loaded or unloaded. The buildings are massive. They look 2-3 stories tall. They are well lit in day and night. You don't see many people on foot or other cars besides at a small building on the east of the compound. Its covered in solar panels.

I would like to know how you would like to surveil the area, and for how long. I give you 24hrs free with no change of being caught. After that, you risk detection unless you sit in the Van, or you find a way to blend in.

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:04 pm

Unless someone comes up with a reason not to, Cul will sneak up within about 300ft (unless trees and stuff will let him get closer without too much of an elevation of risk) of the small building on the east and try to listen in with his directional mic. He will use his filter to try and pick up just voices.

He will get in place a couple of hours before dawn, hoping to catch any daily briefing or shift change banter/talk. He will hang there for a while and then move around the outside of the facility, keeping his distance as above.

If there are actually trucks coming in and out during his time on surveillance, he will try to listen into cabs when they are pulling in and pulling out. Hoping to catch at least one side of a cell phone/radio conversation.

I think Cul Hides and MS at 12, and his Listen would be 14 (maybe 16?).

If there is a guard shack, he will spend time there listening. He will eventually return to the solar panel building within a couple hours of whatever time we think they knock off, so around 2pm.

I suggest that we get a drone up to see whatever we can.

Do we have any kind of radio tags to mark one of trucks pulling away? Be cool to find out where they go.
kyle wrote:The party then goes full retard

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:05 pm

Katya will not go with Cul will help tag a truck as it goes by with a security sensor.

Kyle

Post by Kyle » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:14 pm

Here is what you see.

First you tag a trailer, and you are able to track its movements, it backs to the lower right building unloads and drives away. You track it and it goes into the dark zone after a few hours, stops, and returns. It does this loop 4x a day.

You detect no sounds, see no drivers in the cabs of the trucks, the windows are blacked out.

Dave using your thermo vision, you see the 2 buildings on the lower right, and also the building with the solar panels show normally. The other large hydroponic buildings show no thermal signature, in fact the view you see doesn't match the shape at all. You make our 6 roundish buildings approx 2 stories high with domes, and one larger building with a dome similar to the others on one end and what looks like the greenhouse shape attached to it. Somethings up.

Kyle

Post by Kyle » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:18 pm

One thing i forgot to note was the guard schedule, they walk the perimeter approx every 45 mins. Rotating paths. There is a standard chain-link fence with razor wire surrounding the compound, with cameras regularly placed.

There is no guard shack per say, there is a gate that lets the trucks in and out, no person is stationed there.

The guards all enter into the building with the solar panels eventually. They are well armed with automatic weapons at the ready, heavy armor and full face helmets. Very few other workers arrive or leave.

Every 12 hours a white van arrives for guard shift change, they leave in full battle rattle and arrive the same way.

rgl2112
Site Admin

Post by rgl2112 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:05 pm

I don't have a way to put on a tracker, and my familiar can't travel that far away from me and stay in contact (1 Mile). But I could use my familiar to scout inside the grounds if we want to get closer to anything in particular.

I guess I could use this as a way to handle Astral Planing for me, I assume it does not exist anymore, so Astral Scouting is out since there aren't really D20 rules for it.
By Karamaka's Will

Kyle

Post by Kyle » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:20 pm

No astral stuff is still doable. Do you check it out astrally? I dare you.

Dave

Post by Dave » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:17 pm

No guts, no glory Russ.

It's cool, I got your back. My Weapon Focus works against Astral threats.

At least it does according the SR6. Never discussed that property with Kyle.
kyle wrote:The party then goes full retard

rgl2112
Site Admin

Post by rgl2112 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:50 pm

I will go astral from our scouting location but only up enough to see if I detect any auras or astral barriers in place. I should be able to see any magical glow from anything even without getting too close and I know it’ll be nonspecific, but curious how much magic is in the area overall. I will not astrally penetrate the radius of the site but observe from afar.
By Karamaka's Will

Kyle

Post by Kyle » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:47 pm

You see what can only be described as Gargoyles, they stand perfectly still, but every once and awhile, fly between the out buildings (rounded dome buildings that are not visible to the naked eye). There are approx 5-6 of them, its hard to say you cant see them all at once. They dont seem to detect you. They are NOT visible to the naked eye.