Whip- Job Description

Dave

Whip- Job Description

Post by Dave » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:56 pm

This is an open discussion. If you have a thought, please post it up.

The original thought behind the Whip is that we have a limited amount of time to play, and we sometimes get bogged down with dumb shit. The Whip was supposed to help with that.

What happened is no one knows how the fuck that was supposed to happen.

New thought- Whip is responsible for passing out Inspiration. I would still love it if we could figure out how to tie in keeping the game moving in times of bog, but whatevs.

The DM reserves the right to veto any Inspiration award, at any time. And the DM may also award Inspiration, at any time.

No, I don’t think that you guys would pass out Insp like candy or anything.

Some ideas for awarding it:

Superior role play
Coming up with a killer idea that actually pans out
Doing something outside of your PCs comfort zone in the effort to drive the story
Putting pieces of the overall story puzzle together (wait, what? There is a story puzzle?)
Successfully completing some outrageous skill challenge-its gotta be something that would look cool in a movie.

I really want to hear what you guys think would be worthy of an Inspiration award.
kyle wrote:The party then goes full retard

Kyle

Re: Whip- Job Description

Post by Kyle » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:08 pm

I think just like you said something amazingly fun, a great idea, doing something amazing etc. Maybe have a rule that if you gain inspiration within the last 30 mins of the night it carries over?

But have people know not to just bank inspiration, use it, to gain more by being amazing.

Dave

Re: Whip- Job Description

Post by Dave » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm

Dave wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:37 am
That being said, we will probably allow the occasional carry over in the cases of inspiration earned late session, or inspiration earned by forum activity.
From the Inspiration thread here.

Yeah man, something cool late game should carry over.
kyle wrote:The party then goes full retard